The renowned design foundation Droog is a national and international leader in luxury Dutch design. Droog is known for its conceptual and contextual approach to designs with a sober, Dutch approach.
Clear Crystal Wine Glass
27 cl, Droog Design
Cheers! With this beautiful clear crystal wine glass by Dutch designer brand Droog, any party will be elegant and lively. This glass is 15.2 cm tall and has a diameter of 8.8 cm. It holds 27 cl. It makes a great ice-breaker too. The designs of series of AA wine glasses are based off historical examples from the Rijksmuseum's collection. Interestingly enough, these glasses were designed by an artist collective called Anonymous Artists (AA). AA is widely known as the acronym for Alcoholics Anonymous, an organisation aimed at recovering alcoholics. The glasses are made of classic clear crystal, though they are also available in modern matte black crystal.
Worldwide delivery, within a week
1000+ Dutch Designs, for yourself or as a gift
14 days return period, no questions asked
Droog wine glasses with historical character
These crystal glasses from the AA series by Dutch brand Droog Design are based on historical forebears. For example, a glass from approx. 1680- 1700 with an engraved vineyard and dancing farmers modelled for the flute; a glass with a flat foot, a baluster stem with two disks and a funnel shaped chalice from approx. 1550- 1600, a wine glass with an engraving of religion, hope, and love from 1675 - 1700, a glass with a woman on a spinet around 1750, and a glass with engraved scenes from Bacchus from 1650 - 1675 modelled for these wine glasses. Drink wine with character!
A neatly set table
The AA series of wine glasses by Dutch brand Droog Design consists of different glasses for different applications. That way you can set a table completely, neatly, and - most importantly - stylishly! This crystal clear wine glass 305.01 has a capacity of 27 cl, 8.8 cm Ø and a height of 15.2 cm. This wine glass is part of a glass tableware set of 4 different wine glasses and a champagne flûte.
Which glasses for which wines?
Celebrating in style? Start with an aperitif and a toast! Afterwards, take a seat at the dinner table for a dinner with several courses. Here we have a number of tips for the etiquette of pouring wine and toasting:
- According to etiquette, sparkling wine (wine with bubbles) is used for a toast. Preferably real champagne. For example, champagne from the French Champagne region. Sparkling wines are to be served in glasses with high chalices, also known as flûtes. This way the bubbles will sparkle for as long as possible. For example, take the flute 305.05.
- Ensure that every plate has a glass for (sparkling or flat mineral) water and that this glass is consistently refilled throughout the dinner. So guests can neutralise their palates regularly. Water is to be poured in a low glass, for example in wineglasses 305.01.
- Depending on the menu, different wines are to be selected. Rosé or white wine with many light fish dishes. Pour white wine in a glass with a smaller chalice, that way the flavour will stay for longer. Wineglass 305.02 is fitting for this.
- Larger chalices are acceptable for red wines. The more character a red wine has, the bigger the chalice may be. This is important to allow the aromas to "breathe" freely. For example wineglasses 305.03 or 305.04.
Classic clear glasses or beautiful black glasses
The AA series of historical wine glasses is available in two colours. Would you like to dress up the table exciting, choose the modern matte black wine glasses. When you get real wine connoisseurs to eat, then clear crystal is the favourite color for a wine glass, because you can study the colour and viscosity of the wine which tells you a lot about tha nature of the wine.
|Designers||: Anonymous Artists (AA)|
|Colour||: Clear crystal|
|Size glass 01||: 27cl, 15,2 x 8,8 cm (h x Ø)|
|Upkeep||: Warm water and dishwashing detergent|
|Unsuitable for||: Dishwasher, oven, microwave|
- Delivery in the Netherlands, Germany and Belgium
- Fixed package rate € 4,95 NL, € 7,95 BE/DE
- Envelope NL (busstuk) € 2,95
- Ordered before 21:00 delivered the next working day in NL
- Ordered before 21:00, delivery after 2 working days in GE and BE
- International Delivery
- Rate depends on weight and destination
- You can always see the delivery costs for your order in your order overview before you pay
- Delivery depending on destination in 2 to 14 days
- See for more delivery information 'delivery'